I posted this problem on the model engineer web site and was very kindly pointed to this web forum.
I have a Winson 5"Brit. I love it. I have made serious changes to it and continue to do so. I have turned my attention to the tender. Having remembered a series by Doug Hewson in model engineer I spent some time in the loft looking up the changes he made to the tender.
The other evening i got busy with the band saw and a sheet of 1mm brass, I cut out all the parts and bent up the tool tunnel, to add to the tender. When I had bent them up they looked somewhat different to the drawings in the article.
Unless i I am mistaken, which can happen, the larger end of the tunnel when bent looks nothing like the article in the mags.
Can anyone offer any help please on the design?
I do not know how to add my pictures to this post but they can be seen on ME forum under BR1 tender
I suggest that you repost this enquiry in 'General' as few individuals browse this part of the board and it is not visible on opening the site. Under 'General it will attract more attention. Regards, Phil
I'd agree with Phil. Despite the heading nearly all the Britannia build threads including my own are on the General Chat section which is where 99% of the posts go.
Back to your query re the tool tunnel, I'll have a look to see if I can find the drawing I was sent for creating the tool tunnel. On Boadicea I created a dummy short section in the lift out front panel as the rest of the tender's bunker will hold a container of fuel.
If your interested you can see the start of construction of Boadicea's tender on my build thread here:
Hi. Yes that is the drawing I have. When developed it does not work out. Well not on my tender. I have used a bit of modellers licence to get the entry shape correct. It will look ok and better than there not being one at all.